Brian, Bianca, Mike and Hettie welcome you to The Lighthouse Guest House B&B in Colesberg, one of the finest and most established accommodation facilities in the heart of the Great Karoo. For over 24 years, friends, family, travellers, tourists and business clients have chosen The Karoo Lighthouse Bed & Breakfast as their choice in luxury, reasonably priced overnight accommodation.
Expect a warm welcome, friendly personal service and distinctive style.
"Regional Finalist in the 2012 and 2013 AA Quality Assured Accommodation Awards"
With 13 beautiful en-suite units to choose from, ample secure parking, and a cosy breakfast room which can seat up to 30 people.
Their 4 recommendable fully licensed family restaurants within comfortable walking distance. Dine at Die Platterlander, Bordeaux Restaurant , JC’s Pizzeria & Pub across the road from us or the Horse and Mill Pub to enjoy the very best Karoo style cooking in the Northern Cape South Africa.
Whether on your way to a family holiday at the sea (Hermanus, Plettenberg Bay, Knysna, George, Herold’s Bay, Hartenbos, Port Elizabeth, Durban, Cape Town, Langebaan and St Francis Bay are our customer’s favourite destinations), a hunting week-end with friends to the Eastern Cape or Northern Cape, travelling to the Kruger National Park, or just on a business trip, we can accommodate your needs with a comfortable stop-over before your final destination.
If you are visiting South Africa for the first time, we wish to be your home away from home on the long distance drive between all the major attractions in South Africa.
The Lighthouse Guest House Bed &Breakfast is situated in the main street of Colesburg, the perfect halfway stop town just off the N1 Highway between all major centres: Cape Town, Port Elizabeth, Durban and Johannesburg. The Lighthouse Guesthouse B&B is one of the best overnight rest-stops on your long journey through the Northern Cape and welcomes all weary travellers in search for a place to Sleep, business professionals looking for last minute accommodation or tourists visiting the historic town of Colesberg.
We encourage our visitors to see what Colesberg has to offer.
- History buffs: Visit the Colesberg Kemper Museum (the original Colesberg Bank) showcasing fascinating relics and information on the rich history of this town. Visitors can see among the exhibits, a collection of fossils, the start of the Diamond Rush and a photographic display on the Karoo Nomads. Interesting Walking tours of the district and farms are a speciality of the museum.
Or the Anglo Boer War Battlefields to take in the historical brilliance that took place many years ago.
- Archaeological enthusiasts: Exploring the koppies in the area is a must. Stone-age artifacts and other interesting fragments of the past can be found. Climb Coleskop (only about an hour to the top)
- Visit Bell Street for the collection of little Karoo houses. Our town has a unique mixture of Karoo cottage and Cape Dutch gables, decorative Victorian and evenly proportioned Georgian buildings.
- Nature Lovers: Visit a local sheep farm or the Doornkloof Nature Reserve, home of Kudu, Eland, Brown Hyena, Bat-Eared Fox, Aardvark and Aardwolf and other antelope.
- Water-Sport fans: Visit the Ghariep Dam, where a variety of water sporting events and tours of the 90 metre high dam wall are conducted regularly.
We look forward to meeting you on your next trip through the Great Karoo and hope you make The Lighthouse Guest House B&B your 'oasis in the desert'.